Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ALERT: Jackspeak

At the kitchen table, talking to Jack about some big changes coming soon to our family...

Me: "So, Daddy is going back to school. And I need to take a phone call about it at 8:30, okay?"

Jack: "Daddy is going to school?"

"Yes, to become a teacher. There's some chance he could even be your teacher someday because he wants to teach children who are around your age."

"Around, like some are 3 and 4 and 5?"

"Well, you have to be at least 5 to be in elementary school. Um, so, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, I think."

"Or 161."

"Well, I don't know anyone who has ever lived that long."

"Santa has."

"Oh, yes. I forgot about him. He's been around a long time."

"And his reindeer. I don't know what it is about that weird Santa and his weird reindeer. They have been around forever."

"Yep. Weird."



1 comment:

  1. Hehe that's so cute! I grew up not believing in Santa so I told my hubs he has to keep me in check when we have kids because I don't want to ruin it for them accidentally!

    ReplyDelete