Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Scraps

Scraps


With Jack underfoot and a baby under my ribcage (and now in my arms!) for so many months, quilting hasn't been much of a priority. But it has been greatly missed. It moved up on my priority list this past weekend. Much sooner than expected. I started experimenting a bit--not just with a pile of fabrics or a block design, but with how much I could actually accomplish in these bits and pieces of time I am beginning to receive from my boys. How far could I get sewing a seam, cutting a shape, following an idea?


When my quilting time felt like it was up, I looked down at the tiny pile of scraps I had created. Hmm. Got further along than I thought I would.


What a surprise. What a thrill. What a pretty little pile.


Bits and pieces of fabric, bits and pieces of time. Just what I needed. Thanks, boys.


Jack and Charlie



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that photo of the boys is absolutely darling!!! Glad you're quilting again! It is amazing what you can accomplish with a few minutes here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic! I quilt completely in bits and pieces, at the kitchen table, which is good and bad, but it helps that I can view all the happenings :) Little bits can make bigger bits!

    ReplyDelete