Friday, May 23, 2008

Sleep Worship

When Jack was born we received a gift from a former coworker
and kind friend. A Baby Papasan. A cozy, cuddly bouncer that doesn't bounce. It
just sends babies into a gloriously gentle sleep. And keeps them there. Glory be.





Jack loved the papasan. Then it was passed on to my
niece for 11 months, who also loved it. Now the papasan is back
home--a little godsend I can count on amidst these crazy, kid-filled days.
What I didn't anticipate is how much our little Charlie would enjoy the
papasan. He doesn't just love it. He adores it. In fact, I think he even
WORSHIPS it. I mean, how else do you explain what he's doing while he's
sleeping in it?

Sleep1


Sleep2

Sleep3

Sleep4

Sleep5

Sleep6

Sleep7

Former coworker and kind friend, thank you. I can't explain
how much this papasan means to me. It has brought me much-needed
minutes--sometimes even hours--of quiet peace. And a whole huge mess of the
giggles.

 



10 comments:

  1. This is too funny. I think he is conducting the music he hears in his dreams.
    What adorable pictures of your little boy! I gotta see Charlie!
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny ! Makes you wonder what is going on for him to be doing that, my little one makes lots of sounds and faces and the arms go sometimes but it seems not near as much as your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! He's so adorable - thanks for sharing the pictures. Wish I had a papasan 19 years ago when I had a little one! Wonder if my puppy would like it-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. friend and former coworkerMay 26, 2008 at 12:36 AM

    You are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. friend and former coworkerMay 26, 2008 at 12:39 AM

    I forgot to mention how adorable Charlie is. And I agree with Melanie that he must be conducting music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love sleeping babies - so sweet! Great post =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of Charlie's cute little outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post! Love the pics, and it's good to know the bouncy seat is working as well as ever. Gabe did a lot of quality sleeping in his Papasan, and we'll be unpacking it soon for Baby Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet post! Love the pics, and it's good to know the bouncy seat is working as well as ever. Gabe did a lot of quality sleeping in his Papasan, and we'll be unpacking it soon for Baby Brother.

    ReplyDelete