Thursday, February 14, 2008

Compromised valentines

Jack has a Valentine's Day preschool party today. His first! We talked about what kind of valentines he would like to give his classmates. We had decided on something simple, like this:





Valentine_1



Then Jack and I went to the grocery store together.



At the store I accidentally turned down an aisle I had purposely avoided for at least a month--the Valentine's Day aisle. Right there, at a three-year-old's eye level, was a bombardment of boxed valentines for kids. And guess what? They had SUPERHERO valentines! Why tell someone you care in your own words when you can let Spidey, Ironman, and the Incredible Hulk do the talking? So warm and fuzzy.



After further negotiation, Jack and I compromised:





Valentine_2



The boxed valentines didn't come with envelopes (grrr!) so I made another trip to the store to buy some. After Jack decorated the envelopes with heart stickers, I asked him if he wanted me to write a special message to his classmates on the envelopes.



"Yes," he said. "Happy Balemtimes Day I love you."



Hmm. Guess superheroes DO have warm and fuzzy spots after all.



Happy Balemtimes Day, everyone!









2 comments:

  1. What a well-rounded offering, soft and powerful. I love you and I could save the world. Who wouldn't want that in a friend?
    I hope you had a good Balemtine's Day.
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a well-rounded offering, soft and powerful. I love you and I could save the world. Who wouldn't want that in a friend?
    I hope you had a good Balemtine's Day.
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete