Friday, August 3, 2007

ALERT: Jackspeak

[In response to the several-times-daily question, "What was the best part of your day?" It started out as a nightly question before bedtime. Now Jack asks "What was the best part of your day?" all day long. This exchange occurred before naptime, around 1:00 p.m., after refusing to eat the lunch I had just made for him.]



Jack: "So, what was the best part of your day?"



Me: "The day isn't over yet so I'm not sure. Ask me when it gets dark outside, okay?"



"Okay."



"But, you got me curious . . . What has been the best part of your day?"



[after a long, deep-in-thought pause] "Oh, I know! My best part of my day was not eating my sandwich."



2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the day was when I didn't put my hand in the running garbage disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of my day was when Willa smiled at my joke.
    We had her sitting on the table on the deck. I told her we would eat there often as she is growing up. Not during the winter though, but maybe with the exception of her Daddy's birthday in Febuary. She was quiet for a moment, then a HUGE amused smile appeared on her face. She has an real knack for smiling after I make a dry joke. Kinda spooky, she's been doing this since she was 5 weeks old.
    Jack is adorable. The way his mind works is so fun. I can't wait to hear Willa's thoughts.
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete