Monday, August 20, 2007

ALERT: Jackspeak (or, more lessons in profanity)

[Jack's frustration mounts while trying to remove Spiderman stickers from the fridge]





Spidey_fridge



Jack: "Dammit!"



Me: "What did you say?"



"Dammit."



"You know that word isn't for little boys. I'm calling it a bad word. What do you say instead?"



"Daddy says it."



"Daddy is a grown up. When you get older, you can choose to say it. But you are younger, so for you it's a bad word. What do you say instead?"



"Dang it."



"Yes, dang it. That's okay for you to say, but not the other word."



"Yes. Not dammit."



[Ten minutes later, while I'm washing the dishes.]



Jack:  "Mommy, tell me a story about Spiderman."



Me: "I need to finish the dishes, okay? So not now, maybe later."



"NO! That is a BAD WORD for you. You can't use it until you are younger!"



"What bad word did I say?"



"Not now, maybe later."






3 comments:

  1. That was hysterical!
    Jenny, I hope you have learned your lesson, no more bad words. I'll have to remember that "Not now, maybe later." is equal to swearing in 3 yr old parlance.
    It was also a very intelligent comment from Jack, letting you know what was important to him.
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They learn fast, don't they? Hehe....

    ReplyDelete