Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ALERT: Jackspeak

Harry potterThis weekend I found a gem at a local yard sale--a kinda beat-up paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I gave it to Jack. He immediately began reading. After a while, he stopped to note that he'd read 12 pages in only 10 minutes. Not bad for a seven-year old.

Me: "Twelve pages, huh? Pretty good. So, what's happening in the story so far?"

Jack: "Well, I learned something already. I found out that his first name is Harry and his last name is Potter. This whole time, I thought his first name was Harrypotter!"



2 comments:

  1. That Jack is so darn cute! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a reader! I bet it doesn't take him long to do his homework reading, either! Can't go wrong reading books....well, I suppose you can, but Mom can always steer him to the good stuff! LOL Sounds like you already are doing that! Never had much appetite for the HP stuff myself, but I know lots of folks that love it.

    ReplyDelete