Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tic-Tac-Toe Game Set from Simple Quilts and Sewing

Simple quilts and sewing
A new issue of Simple Quilts and Sewing recently came out. And I’m in it!


Okay, I have to fess up… by “recently” I mean October. In the middle of our move, copies of the magazine came to me in the mail. I was so thrilled with the results—the folks at QUILT Magazine did such an amazing job with the photos, oh my heck I love them! And then I finished unpacking 178 boxes. I’m a little behind but trying to catch up.


This is my Tic-Tac-Toe Game Set, a simple project made from three pairs of thrifted jeans. It includes a foldable game board and ten bean-bag style game pieces.


Game


The game is a hit at our house. The boys love to play tic-tac-toe, but more than that they love to toss those game pieces around—into buckets, through hoops, at each other. At me. And me at them. Gotta love games that pull double duty.


I paired the game with a bag made from the same pairs of jeans as the game set. The bag also includes pockets for pens and a small notebook. Just in case the game gets serious and someone wants to keep score.


Bag


The bag really helps with keeping all the pieces together when clean-up time comes. The nice folks at the magazine made the bag into a bonus web pattern.


This part-sewing, part-quilting magazine flies off the shelves when it hits, which is only two times a year. The comments on this page are mostly like, “Aaah, aargh, I can’t find a copy!” Since it was published in October, you may not find a copy at your local grocery store anymore. But if you are interested in getting a copy online, you can order one on their “Back Issues” page. This issue is #122, the Winter 2011 issue of Simple Quilts and Sewing.


I have one more project coming up in the Spring issue of the magazine, which I will certainly share with you on time. We can fit one car into the garage now—I say we’re officially moved in.


Thanks to the team at Simple Quilts and Sewing for taking on this little project!



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, and a great way to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jodie--happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project!
    I’m currently writing a series of posts about clothes upcycling item by item. I was wondering if I would be able to include your tic tac toe game in one of my posts. I’d just like to use one photo and then add the direct link to this post.
    I also have a clothes upcycling project page, if you would like to link up there. It has a long term linky, so your projects would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 400 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas.
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html>http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, thanks so much for your comment--of course, I'd love for you to link to the post about the tic-tac-toe game set, thank you! More than 400 upcycles all in one place is an amazing feat. Congrats on that, I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete