Thursday, March 27, 2008

ALERT: Jackspeak

Just before naptime, after finishing another reading of Where the Wild Things Are . . .



Jack: "Mom, I think Max didn't know where he was going in the boat."



Me: "I think you're right. He didn't know where he was sailing, and he just sailed and sailed until he ran into the wild things. I would be a little scared if I ran into the wild things, all alone in my boat."



"Yes. I would be a little scared, too. But Daddy wouldn't be scared."



"I bet he wouldn't. He would know just what to do."



"Yes. Daddy would know just what to do. He would kick their butts."



1 comment:

  1. A Dad who will "kick thier butts" and a Mom who doesn't allow monsters in the house. Boy, this kid's got it made.
    My husband got bitten by a vampire when he was 5 and lived to tell about it. If you and Brett had been his parents, he would not have had to live through that trauma. Lucky Jack. : )
    Melainie

    ReplyDelete