Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Holly Holderman, Mark Lipinski, and . . . me. Huh?

I can hardly believe it but it's true. Along with designs by the quilting superstars listed in this post's title, the pattern for one of my quilts is in the new issue of McCall's Quilting magazine! See--there's a little picture of me, top left, and there's a picture of a cute little girl reading a book as she snuggles under my quilt, "Fuzzy Flowers." She really gives the quilt an extra shot of sugar, I think.







Mccalls_fuzzy_flowers
In the April 2008 issue of McCall's Quilting.



Several months ago I took a close-up shot of the quilt to show the texture in the blocks. I used the photo as a banner image on this blog for a bit:





Fuzzyflowersbanner
Close-up shot of "Fuzzy Flowers."



It's been months since I've seen this quilt in person. I had almost forgotten what she looks like. I can't wait for her to be shipped back home so I can do some springtime snuggling of my own.



(Oops. Is it too soon to start wishing for spring? Perhaps the paragraph above is just my thinly veiled, sad little way of begging someone to send me flowers. We have a forecast of snow every other day for the forseeable future. Phooey.)



3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!
    That must be so weird and cool to see something you made in a magazine for the masses.
    Your MY sister! I'm gonna stay by you to get some of your starshine to rub off on me. : )
    Love ya! Melainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy and fun, what a great combination. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great! Congratulations! It's adorable.
    Also want to say that I love the individual cards in your "book" -- it's great being able to pull one out to use.

    ReplyDelete