Saturday, June 2, 2007

About

QuiltMarketMeetupbutton
My name is Jenny Wilding Cardon. Two last names, not hyphenated. (How irritating to others. Sorry.) I decided to keep my given last name and add a new name when I married in 2000. I had no idea that the choice would prohibit the world's pharmacists and photo-counter employees from finding my pills and pictures. To all of you, I humbly apologize.


I live in Utah. No, I am not Mormon. Yes, I know polygamists. Actually, no I don't.


My husband Brett and I have two boys, a cat named Niko, and a house with a new second-floor deck. We decided to install a new deck when, at 8 1/2 months pregnant, I stepped onto a plank on the old deck and busted it clean in half. Every pregnancy has a low point. That was mine.


I graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in Women's Studies. And what the heck do you do with that degree, you ask? You move to Seattle and work for a wonderful quilt-book publishing company for ten years. Then you move back to Utah and stay home with your two boys. And you make stuff whenever they lend you a few minutes to try.


I went from a new mama who was so exhausted and overwhelmed that I completely gave up my love of sewing to a published designer in the span of 2 1/2 years. I can't believe it took me that long to figure it all out. I thought sewing would obstruct my focus on being a mom. Instead, it helped. Thank you, sewing.


Along with sewing and quilting, my interests include eating nachos and store-bought birthday cakes, listening to classic rock and current soul, writing, and knitting. I do these things on a whim, whenever the boys will give me a few moments to do them. Except for eating store-bought birthday cakes. The boys give me all the time I need for that. As long as they can join in.



No comments:

Post a Comment